Saturday, March 10, 2007

More Nasties from my Blood Pressure

Well, I went into the eye doctor yesterday to see if my high blood pressure had done any lasting effects to my eyes.... well, it has. I have been diagnosed with Hypertensive Retinopathy and Macular Edema. You can read about Hypertensive Retinopathy HERE and about Macular Edema HERE The little missing spots in my vision while I was having a blood pressure spikes are permanent. I do not notice them while both of my eyes are working together, but if I cover one or the other of my eyes I can see the missing spots. My doctor says that while the damage is permanent, it will not get any worse. I am praising the Lord's Goodness to me that I am still able to see... it could have been much worse that it is, and I am still able to do the things that I love to do (scrapbook, play on the computer, read, etc).

On the bright side of things, my prescription hasn't changed this year! and I got contacts :) No more glare on my glasses when I get a picture taken LOL

Comments on "More Nasties from my Blood Pressure"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:06 PM) : 

I am very sorry to hear about your eye problems due to your high blood pressure, I will surely pray that the Lord would heal your eyes. It's great that you were able to get contacts. I will probably try to get some this summer as well because I would rather wear sunglasses in the pool. Thanks Care and May God Bless You and Yours!

 

Blogger Robin said ... (7:21 PM) : 

Oh Raechel! I'm sorry to hear this. The good news is it won't get worse at least. Big hugs!!!!

 

post a comment